Friday, January 30, 2009

Okay, FINE!! 25 things to go with the seven.

Fine, people, you want 25 new things? I'll give them to you. And then I'm tagging everyone. That way, we can all be clear that this is done, and you will all worship me as befits my status as a minor deity. Plus, I want to see if I can muster 25 new things. Really, I don't think I'm that interesting.

1. I had a conversation with a ghost in my parents' attic. She just made little sounds before she walked through the wall, but it was enough to keep me awake for a few days.
2. I only drink coffee over ice, never hot, no matter how cold it is. This is a remnant of my time in Boston, and my Dunkin' Donuts addiction.
3. I know a guy who started a conversation with one of those "I stole all this money and need your help! I'll share it with you!" scams, and turned it around and was able to get a carved wooden keyboard out of the scammer: http://www.419eater.com/html/john_boko.htm
4. The best barbecue I've ever had was in Boston, at Redbones in Davis Square, in spite of spending so much time in Memphis.
5. I once ran a 400 meter sprint in an attempt to win a carton of cigarettes. I puked all over the wall of a bathroom in a girl's dorm, then went back there while they were all complaining about "whoever did this." I helped them clean it up, and they thought I was wonderful for doing so. In return, they bought me a gift: a carton of cigarettes.
6. I like cheesey romantic movies. "Love Actually" is one of my favorites.
7. I make the greatest thanksgiving dinner known to man. This year, I had Chipotle-Glazed Turkey with Cranberry-Orange sauce, Bleu Cheese Mashed potatoes, Apple-Sourdough stuffing, Pancetta and Chive Green Beans and Creamy Pecan Sweet Potatoes.
8. I have eaten the hottest wings ever. Or should I say "wing." I went to Wingdome in Seattle, where they serve the 7-alarm wings one at a time. I cried for twenty minutes. Then for another thirty when I evidently didn't wash my hands well enough before going to the bathroom.
9. I am addicted to twitter.
10. I LOVE the Iowa State Fair. Fried Oreos, baby!
11. My favorite meal I ever had was in Barcelona, at a restaurant called El Lobito, where we ordered white wine and the food just kept coming. I ate horse stomach, barnacles, everything, but had no idea what it all was because I don't speak Catalan. I just wrote down the names, and looked them up later. It was so amazing, I had to take a cab three blocks back to the hotel because I was so full.
12. I am 100%, totally in love, even though I have done everything I can to screw it up, she is still with me, and now I intend to do everything I can to do it right.
13. I believe in God, which is a direct violation of "Tragic Moody Hipster Rule #5."
14. I hate canned tuna. Makes me gag. Just the smell will do it.
15. I have thrown up in more restaurants than most people have even eaten in.
16. I am the king of Karaoke.
17. I hate nearly all of the apps on Facebook. Bead throwing, cupcakes, drinks, etc. It's when they ask to access my friends' info. I kind of feel like I'm betraying my friends' trust if I allow it.
18. I have been naked on stage twice in my life. Once doing push-ups. Both were comedies. I think that affects my body image.
19. I have such a distinctive voice that I cannot prank call people. Even if I try to change it, they recognize it every time.
20. I could listen to Tom Bodett tell stories for days on end.
21. All of my clothes match each other, because I am a terrible dresser, and they don't make adult Grr-Animals.
22. I have a king-sized bed, and sleep only on the three feet on the far left. This results in a need to turn the mattress every two weeks.
23. Anytime I have to capitalize a word starting in "th," I accidentally capitalize both letters.
24. I cuss like a sailor.
25. I once completed a Sunday New York Times Crossword in 48 minutes.

So there you go, people. More than you ever wanted to know about me. I hope you've enjoyed this little tour. Exits are to the left, through the gift shop. Be sure and check out our specials on "Sarcastic Self-Deprecation" and "Thinly Veiled Arrogance."

No comments:

Post a Comment